we work withcross-functional product teams(product manager, designers, engineers)virtually week over week for 12 weeks, teaching them how to adopt continuous discovery practices. that includes how to adopt a regular cadence of customer interviews, rapid prototyping, and product experiments, all in service ofdriving product outcomes.
we focus on two areas of skill development:
- how to dosmall, actionable research activitieswell.
- thecritical thinkingrequired toconnect those research activities to product decisionsthatlead to product outcomes.
the core of the coaching curriculum is focused on helping teams make better product decisions, informed by customer interviews, rapid prototyping, and experimentation.
your teams will learn how to:
- usevisual mapping tools(e.g.customer journey maps, opportunity solution trees, story mapping.) to externalize and examine their thinking.
- effectively conductcustomer interviews, assumption tests, and product experimentsin a way that leads to valuable and reliable insights.
- develop theircritical thinking skillsto better connect the dots between their research activities and their product decisions.
- collaborate as a cross-functional team,sharing responsibility and accountability for desired product outcomes.
the goal is for the team to developsustainable habitsthatthey can use 52 weeks of the yearwith a focus on developing acontinuous discovery mindset.
here’s what past participants have said about working with me as a coach:
– a product leader at carmax on one of her teams who participated in coaching
– a product manager at simply business
– a product manager at seek
– a product designer at animoto
if you want to join the following companies and explore coaching for your team, send me an email email@example.com.